Our commitment to biosolids recycling is based on the following:
- It’s safe. This is supported by overwhelming scientific evidence and over 30 years of practical experience.
- It’s good for the land. Agriculture application and composting of biosolids benefit the environment by recycling valuable nutrients and soil conditioners.
- It’s good for family farms. The land application of biosolids benefits family farms by enriching Virginia soils and significantly increasing farm productivity.
- It helps preserve rural open space and protect the Chesapeake Bay.
- Biosolids compost benefits homeowners’ lawns and gardens and commercial landscapes by improving soils and plant growth.