- It’s safe. This is supported by overwhelming scientific evidence and over 40 years of practical experience.
- It’s good for the land. Agriculture application and composting of biosolids benefit the environment by recycling valuable nutrients and soil conditioners.
- It’s good for family farms. The land application of biosolids benefits family farms by enriching soils and increasing farm productivity and sustainability.
- It helps preserve rural open space and protect the Chesapeake Bay.
- Exceptional Quality biosolids benefits homeowners’ lawns and gardens and commercial landscapes by improving soils and plant growth.
Our membership includes municipal wastewater treatment facilities that clean the waters of Virginia communities, companies that recycle biosolids for gardening and home use, and companies that apply biosolids to agricultural fields and forests throughout Virginia.
Our members include:
Advantus Strategies, LLC
Alexandria Renew Enterprises
Arlington County Water Service
Chesterfield County Utilities Department
City of Richmond Department of Public Utilities
District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
Hampton Roads Sanitation District
Henrico County Department of Public Utilities
Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority
RK&K Rummel, Klepper & Kahl, LLP
Western Virginia Water Authority
Willcox & Mabe Soil Solutions, PLLC